Sunday, March 23, 2008

HOPE IN THE LAKE OF FIRE

Here is Easter. A day to remember the event that changed the direction of all mankind. It's hard to think about Jesus' torture and pain. It's hard to think of His suffering; not only in His body, but the selfishness and sin we choose visited on the One who is without sin and selfishness. Every act of indifference, of violence, murder, hate, and evil. He took it all, and when His blood drained out of Him, it was given to us. We carry it and the Father sees it moment by moment since that day. It took such pain to spare us from what we deserve for our choices. And the wages of sin is death.

So I saw the garden as I was listening to the song "Morning Has Broken". I saw the perfect beauty of what He made, the first birds singing, the first green grass growing, the pure light and the pure love behind it all. And then in the middle of seeing this Eden, I saw blood spilled onto it and I cried out in my spirit. The Father came to me and showed me then, how He sees bloodshed and He sees the blood that Jesus shed on us all. Never is there one moment that He doesn't see it, and doesn't feel it and what His Son felt as He gave His blood willingly for others to be able to come to the Father and to the cross.

And then He spoke to me. "When the last murder has happened, when mankind has come to the cross and returned to the garden agreeing together that love is the only way to Me and to the truth, then will I take the blood of Jesus and cast it into the lake of fire. It won't be needed any longer and there will never be any more blood shed ever again".

And into my heart came the thought: There will be hope even in the lake of fire.